Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Feliz Ano Nuevo

It's a new year and a new blog. If Lee and I ever have a band we are going to call ourselves The Spitting Pigeons so it seemed like an appropriate name. I went back to work today (again) and was suprised at how much I enjoyed it (again). The idea of doing a grand rounds (which is just a fancy description for a medical conference for your colleagues) about the doctor as a patient has been floating around in my head. It seems like a big project, but maybe I'll do it.

I had to tell our babysitter that we might not be able to employ her full time for much longer. I felt like I was breaking up with her and it didn't feel good at all. This woman has been my saving grace for the past 4 years and the thought of not having her come to our house every day is like thinking about breathing without oxygen. And while she makes my life immensely more liveable, what really makes me sick is thought of her being with a family that doesn't love her as much as we do. I wish I had an endless fountain of money so I could support her and her family forever.

I started tamoxifen about 5 days ago and so far there have not been horrific side effects. Hopefully it will continue as well as it has for the past 5 days. Well, I'm off to bed now, but thought I'd get started on my 2008 on-line journal.

No comments: